Ikura Salmon Roe (USA)
- Harvested from wild salmon caught in Alaska and air-dried
- Large, sparkling red to orange beads
- Firm texture and a clean burst of crisp salmon flavor
- Comes in 2 oz jars, 4 oz jars, 8 oz jars, a 1 lb tin, and a 1 kilogram tin
Salmon Roe & Cucumber Salad
1/3 cup Ikura salmon roe
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into very small dice
1 1/2 tablespoons red onion, very very small dice
1 tablespoon good quality full fat sour cream
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon scallion rings, this is not a garnish
- Combine sour cream, milk, zest and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper in a small bowl and mix until it is all incorporated.
- Add the roe, cucumber and red onion. Stir to combine. Let the salad sit for 15 minutes taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide it between 4 small bowls, add a few sliced scallions and a grind of fresh ground black pepper. Serve.
THIS ITEM IS PERISHABLE AND MUST BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT EXPRESS IN AN INSULATED COOLER FOR A FLAT RATE OF $30.